Border Blades Figure Skating Club is excited to announce our Summer Programs for 2020.
Summer Programs will start June 15, 2020 and end August 20, 2020.
Private ice is available to Members, Associate and Non-Members during the summer.
June 15 - August 20*
Skaters in a lesson with a BBFSC coach:
Monday - Thursday | 6 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Monday - Thursday | 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.**
*August hours are reduced to 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. Watch the calendar for individual day and time changes.
**Non-member hours may be expanded after registration is complete.
Weekly Rates [skate any day all week]"
Home Club Member: $275
Associate Member: $350
[No August Ice]
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Daily Rates are not being offered this summer.
Non-member coaches are invited to coach on BBFSC ice during the summer months. We ask that you register using the link below to let us know you are coming and so we can insure all CERS and USFS memberships are up to date throughout the summer.
Restriction and Rules for Border Blades Figure Skating Club at the Icon Sport Center
The following restrictions and rules are consistent with Grand Forks Park District Summer Ice Rental guidelines and are based on the latest guidance from the State of North Dakota’s Smart Restart Protocol:
These guidelines are subject to change at any time based on the COVID-19 risk level in the State of North Dakota. As of June 1, 2020, North Dakota is considered a “low” risk level. “Low” risk level means the group size noted above can be used while still utilizing safe social distancing. Should the risk level change in the State of North Dakota, Grand Forks Park District my be required to reduce the allowable group size or even close the facility.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease than can lead to severe illness and death. By participating in BBFSC activities, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
The following priority will be used to fill the ice for each 30 minute session:
1) Skaters in a scheduled lesson with a BBFSC coach.
2) Non-member skater & coach in a scheduled lesson.
3) Any skaters who are looking to practice.
Ice will be cleared and skater reset the final 5-minutes of each 30-minute session.
Please make sure that you are communicating with your coach prior to registering to insure the time you can skate is available. Summer Programs will follow the standard club refund policy:
1. The Border Blades Figure Skating Club does NOT offer refunds after the skating season begins.
2. Refunds prior to the start of a skating session may be given for valid medical reasons or the dissolution of a synchronized skating line ONLY.
3. All requests for refunds must be in writing, addressed to the Board of Directors and the request must be accompanied by an official and detailed doctor's certificate (if applicable) and treatment plan, before any consideration is given.
4. If granted, refunds for medical reasons will be less a $75 administration fee, Border Blades Membership fee and USFS registration fees are non-refundable. Refunds are for ice fees, synchro ice fees and synchro coaching fees only.
5. The Club is not responsible for refunding registration fees, coaches travel fees or making-up for sessions missed.
The Club is NOT obligated to refund fees for unforeseen ice closures due to special events/circumstances, weather or equipment/mechanical breakdown beyond our control. The Club will make every effort to make up for cancelled sessions.
Please insure you have renewed your home club membership and USFS membership prior to coming for a lesson. You will not be allowed to skate if this has not completed.
Ice Makes at 8am & 10:15am • No Refunds • Skaters taking private lessons must check-in before entering the ice. • Non-BBFSC Coaches may request to be allowed to coach on summer private ice. • All USFS CER & Insurance must be up to date • Pricing will not be pro-rated. • When purchasing private ice by the day, coordinate with your coach. You may not change days after registration. • BBFSC reserves the right to limit the number of skaters on the ice or in a class to preserve the safety of all skaters and the quality of the class. • Skaters under the age of 16 are recommended to have an adult/guardian on site. • BBFSC reserves the right to remove a skater from a session [temporarily or permanently] should their behavior [physically or verbally] on or off the ice be disruptive to the class or deemed a safety hazard for other skaters. • All Grand Forks Park District facility rules will be adhered to.
Follow BBFSC on Facebook for ice and class updates & cancellations.